In my last post, I suggested that on Thanksgiving Day, “we take a moment and give thanks.”
In this and likely subsequent posts, I’d like to start the ball rolling, by gratefully listing some of my abundance. So here’s my thanks to the many gifts in my life:
- My health, physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- That, at age 56, I can walk onto the tennis court and not only enjoy myself, but play a decent enough game. And I plan to be able to do this for another 30 years.
- I’ve been married for 26 years. My wife, June, and I were married on November 21, 1980, 26 years ago this day.
- My two children, Joshua and Sarah, who are respectful, healthy, thoughtful, and truly amazing teens with a bright future ahead of them.
- To my long-term clients, who have treated me with respect and honesty, and have supported me and my family financially for almost 20 years.
- The choir at Heritage UU Church. This musical community has allowed me to share the gift of singing and music. I am truly grateful to be able to sing with them.
- My Martin DX-1 guitar for the music I can play that centers and nourishes me. I feel enriched to own a Martin guitar, it is an instrument I’ve wanted all my life and finally bought two years ago.
I plan to add to my list over the next several days and you, my reader, are warmly invited to add your own gifts as posts to comments.
Happy Thanks Giving.