Cindy Pierson Dulay is a noted horse racing photographer and journalist and well known around racing. Recently, she was on a tour of several of the beautiful horse farms outside Lexington, Kentucky. On her web site, Horse-Races.Net, she posted photos of the stallions she viewed. With each photo is a note about each of these stately animals including their accomplishments on the track and stud fee.
As I looked through the photos, I noted how many of these horses had only recently been retired, some after only racing for their three year-old season. After looking at the fees for their “services” however, it is easy to see where the real money is in horse racing.
Here are links to each of the horse farms:
- Darley Stud (Bernardini, Offlee Wild, Street Cry)
- Three Chimneys (Smarty Jones, Point Given, Yes Its True)
- Ashford Stud (Fusaichi Pegasus, Thunder Gulch)
- Castleton Lyons (Malibu Moon, Toccet, Sir Shackleton)
- Gainesway Farm (Afleet Alex, Cozzene, Mr. Greeley)
- Stonewall Farm (Medaglia d’Oro, A.P. Warrior)